The E-1 treaty trader visa is constructed for skilled profiles belonging to a country which maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with US. This Visa allows candidates to involve in international trade with US.
List of treaty Countries for E1 Visa program
What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
- You must be from a country maintaining a treaty of commerce and navigation with US.
- Establish a continuous flow of global trade items with multiple transactions over the time.
- You must assure that more than 50% of the total volume of international trade will take place between U.S. and your treaty country.
How E1 treaty trader visa works?
Step 1 – Complete an online visa application and print the same for your further interview session.
Step 2 – Fix an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for the visa interview.
Step 3 – Bottom of Form
Collect and prepare all the required documents before your visa interview.
Step 4 – Bottom of Form
Post interview, your application will be forwarded for further administrative processing if required and you will be informed for your visa approval by the consular officer.
How much time does the process takes?
The Duration for Visa processing depends upon the particular case lodged and is based on personal circumstances.
A time period of 4 to 5 weeks on average is taken to process this visa application for overseas applicants if all the requirements are met.
Benefits for E1 treaty trader visa
- Live and work in the US with an extension of 2 years.
- Bring your partner and children below the age of 21 years to US.
- Children of E1 visa holders can study in the US without a student visa.
Spouse of visa holder can work in US with an approved employment authorization.