The Green card scheme
The most preferred Visa option for Denmark is the Green Card Scheme which allows you to live and work in Denmark if you can score the required points based upon certain criteria. In addition, you will be able to bring your immediate family along.
One does not need to obtain a separate work permit for Denmark, as residence permit is approved under the prominent Green card scheme.
What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
- You must have appropriate finances to fund yourself.
- At least 3 years of work experience if applying for work visa.
- Thorough knowledge of English Language.
- Certificates as proof of your sound health and character.
- Minimum 100 points.
How the points are awarded?
|Bachelor’s degree/Graduated from medium-length education||30|
|Bachelor’s degree followed by one-year Master’s degree||50|
|Bonus points if your University falls under world’s top universities|
|Danish level 1||5|
|Danish level 2||10|
|IELTS 5.0-6.0 Band or Danish level 3||20|
|IELTS 6.5 Band or Studies Danish as second language for 1 year of study or work.||40|
|Completion of 1 year of study in higher education program in EU/EEA Country or Switzerland||5|
|Completion of 3-5 year of study in higher education program in EU/EEA Country or Switzerland||10|
|Professional Experience in EU/EEA/Switzerland Points|
|1 year (12 consecutive months) legal residence and work in EU/EEA Country or Switzerland.||5|
|2 year (24 consecutive months) legal residence and work in EU/EEA Country or Switzerland.||10|
|Danish Language skills in education as Level 2||5|
How Green card scheme works?
To procure a Danish Green Card, one has to follow the following process:
- The green card scheme follows a point based system, wherein applicant has to obtain maximum points out of 100.
- The applicant has to score the required points based upon criteria such as:
– Language skills
– Work experience
- The applicant can be granted a first-time residence permit for up to two years which later can extended up to three years.
How much time does the process takes?
The process duration for Green Card Scheme for Denmark usually acquires 7 months or above depending on the candidate’s application.
Benefits for Green card scheme
- You can travel across all nations of the Schengen Zone.
- You can attain benefit from subsidized Health care schemes and other medical aids.
- You can avail Unemployment Insurance.
- You can obtain benefits from different Social security schemes.
- You can bring along your immediate family.