The Silver fern visa is designed to bring young people holding a talented profile to New Zealand.
This visa is categorized into 2 parts:
Silver Fern job search visa
With this visa program, individuals can enter the nation for nine months and get a chance to find out a suitable employment opportunity without having any prior job offer. In a period of 1 year, an applicant can search up to 300 places for employment in New Zealand.
Silver Fern Practical Experience visa
Applicants who hold a silver fern job search visa and successfully found a suitable employment in New Zealand may apply for a Silver Fern Practical Experience visa. This will allow them to work in New Zealand for a period of two years.
What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
- Aged between 20 and 35.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, or a trade qualification with a minimum 2 years of work experience in that trade.
- Fulfill English language requirements i.e. minimum 6.5 in IELTS.
- Funds to support your stay i.e. minimum of NZ$4,200
- Health and character certificates.
How Silver Fern Visa works?
Your process will be handled in 3 Stages:
Stage 1 – New Zealand Quality Assessment (NZQA)
In this stage, all your educational and employment documents will be thoroughly checked according to the standard of New Zealand government.
Stage 2 – Expression of Interest
After a successful skill assessment your Expression of Interest (EOI) will be lodged in front of the New Zealand Government, which will declare your interest to live and work in New Zealand.
Stage 3 – Main Application
An invitation from New Zealand Government, will now lead to the filing of application for Silver fern Visa in New Zealand.
How much time does the process takes?
The Duration for Visa processing depends upon the particular case lodged and is based on personal circumstances. A time period of 8 months on average is taken to process this visa application for overseas applicants if all the requirements are met.
Benefits for Essential skills work visa
- Stay for a period of 9 months from the date you arrive in New Zealand.
- Gain work experience from top New Zealand employers.
- You can travel in and out in New Zealand while your visa is valid.
- Live in New Zealand for few months and eventually apply for a permanent residency.
Fill up a quick form below and receive a call back from our immigration experts: