One of the most prominent visa programs for Hong Kong is Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) visa, which is a points-based immigration system.
It was launched in February 2006. The QMAS was initiated with the aim of setting up admissions criteria under which desirable applicants could be allowed to reside in Hong Kong without the prior offer of local employment which is usually the foremost requirement for a standard working visa.
What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
- The set age limit for applicants is 18-50 years.
- The applicant is required to score the minimum passing mark under the General Points Test, which is a points-based assessment procedure.
- The minimum passing marks is 80 out of total 165 points.
- The applicant must have enough funds to support himself financially.
- The applicant should have proficient English language skills and clear your International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
- The applicant needs to acquire the necessary health and character certificates.
- The applicant needs to have proper educational qualifications including degree certificates from a recognized university or institution.
How Hong Kong QMAS Visa works?
To apply for QMAS Visa the applicant should meet basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, needed to immigrate to Hong Kong. On being eligible, the applicant will be assessed either under the General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Test.
There are five point-scoring factors under the General Points Test:
- Work Experience
- Academic Qualifications
- Language Proficiency
- Family Background
The Achievement-based Points system is formatted to attract foreign nationals with distinctive talent and excellent achievements. On acceptance of application, an approval letter known as the Approval-in-Principle letter shall be issued.
How much time does the process takes?
The application process for QMAS Visa program usually takes around 6 months or less for processing differing from one applicant’s case to another.
Benefits for Hong Kong QMAS Visa
- Prior offer of local employment is not a mandate for QMAS Visa.
- Under the QMAS Visa program, the desired applicants can stay in Hong Kong for 1 year.
- The QMAS visa also allows qualified businessmen and self-employed to apply under the points-based test system.
Fill up a quick form below and receive a call back from our immigration experts: