Post Study work visa is for those talented students who wish to stay back in New Zealand after their education and work to eventually become a New Zealand resident. Depending on the course you choose, you are allowed to work in New Zealand for a period of four years, and eventually achieve residency.
The Post Study Work Visa has two steps:
- Post-study work visa (open)
This visa allows you to search a relevant job of your field related to you course for a period of 12 months. While searching you are allowed to work in any job in order to financially support your stay.
- Post-study work visa (employer assisted)
This visa allows you to stay in New Zealand and gain further work experience for a period of two years in the same relevant job you got employed under the same employer.
You are eligible to apply for residency after the post-study work visa (employer assisted) under the Skilled Migrant Category
What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
- Health and Character certificate.
For a Post-study work visa (open)
- Qualification in New Zealand that meets the criteria for Post study work qualification requirements.
- Minimum of NZ$4,200 to support your stay in New Zealand.
For a Post-study work visa (employer assisted)
- Offer of employment related to your qualification.
How Post Study Work Visa works?
In this visa program, you can straight away file your visa application, if you meet the eligibility requirements for this Visa, either by lodging an online application or by posting a paper application with all the required documents.
How much time does the process takes?
The Duration for Visa processing depends upon the particular case lodged and is based on personal circumstances. A time period of 15 days on average is taken to process this visa application for overseas applicants if all the requirements are met.
Benefits for Post Study Work Visa
- Live and work in New Zealand.
- Initially it allows you to search a relevant job of your field related to you course for a period of 12 months.
- Gain further work experience for a period of two years in the same job.
- Apply for permanent residency eventually.